Whilst the Utilidex | Hub automatically checks for data directly from your metering suppliers, it also provides functionality to manually upload metering data. This can be a useful tool if metering gaps are apparent or if new meters are added and you need to upload metering histories.
The metering up-loader can be found by navigating to View Heatmap from the Metering menu. In the quick tools menu on the right hand side of the screen you need to select Upload Historical Meter data, you will then be presented with the below window:
Within this menu you can choose the commodity data you wish to upload, and similarly download the metering data template which will then need to be populated with the data. The template download looks as below:
Top tips for uploading your data successfully:
- Always use the template available for download as shown above. Older versions of the template may not load.
- You must save the file format as .csv for the upload
- Double check you have input the data under the appropriate column headers
- Please note that the date format must be entered as DD/MM/YYYY
- Make sure that the MPAN number is showing as in Number format with no decimal places (Excel likes to format MPANS as Scientific, i.e. 1.01E+12) before saving as a .csv file
- Save your file name as something meaningful (ex. Site 5 HH data July 2017), as you will be able to see the file processed in your metering audit page
Finally you will need to upload your meter data by selecting the file and using the Upload File button as shown below.
Re-Publishing Meter Data
If you are receiving both Raw and Settled data feeds for the same meter, you may find that you have set-up the wrong feed to pass through to downstream activities (e.g. reporting and bill validation).
The system will have been importing this data, however you may wish to re-publish so that you pick up the right feed for downstream activities.
You can choose to republish all of the data you have received, or you can process a specific date range.
Enter the MPAN or part of an MPAN, and a table will display with the available meters and the current state. Then choose the MPAN you wish to change, as well as the Future feed you would like to use. If you have chosen a specific date range, input the dates before pressing Re-Process.
If you have chosen a specific date range, input the dates before pressing Re-Process.